Registered Office: 36 Swains Lane Flackwell Heath HP10 9BU
- Mediators who are available at short notice to provide quick, inexpensive and highly effective resolutions to workplace issues.
- We can facilitate discussions and rapidly improve working relationships between individuals, teams or whole departments.
- We operate very flexibly and can adapt our procedures to suit the particular circumstances.
- Over 80% of mediations result in a successful outcome with just one joint meeting.
- Our mediators have all had specialist training in workplace mediation and are experienced in resolving workplace conflict.
- They all possess the critical skills in conflict resolution: independence, balance, empathy, excellent interpersonal skills and commercial awareness.
- They are also highly experienced in diversity issues, including, race, gender, age and disability.
- In addition to our principal mediation team, we are able to call upon other mediators from a broad range of ages, backgrounds and of different genders to deal with any diversity issues.
- We usually work as a team of two, but can also work individually or as part of a larger team.
- We provide conflict management training for HR, management and other staff which will equip them with powerful skills to avoid and/or to resolve conflict in the future.
- We train groups or individual members of staff in dealing with difficult conversations and all sorts of conflicts.
- We are also able to offer a wide range of coaching to staff in order to implement and maintain internal conflict resolution processes.
Evaluation and recommendations:
- In addition to mediation and training, we offer a feedback and analysis service to help businesses to identify underlying or remaining issues that may have caused or contributed to the issues that have arisen. We can then assist them to take action or to develop strategies to avoid future conflict.
- We design and develop procedures for conflict management that can replace or sit alongside traditional grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- We provide advice and support for the successful introduction of mediation procedures into the workplace.
- Such support can include assistance with encouraging key stakeholders such as trade unions and line managers to engage with the new processes.
It is not often that people blog about their business failures, but today’s post is all about a proposal for a workplace mediation that we made which was not accepted, primarily on grounds of cost. The reason we are blogging about it is because, somewhat unusually, we were made aware of the eventual outcome of …
Following the Supreme Court decision last week that the Government’s Employment Tribunal fees scheme was unlawful and had to be scrapped, companies like Peninsula are predicting (perhaps somewhat hysterically and perhaps because it is in their interests to do so) that the dam is about to burst and that there is about to be a …
Antony Sendall has been asked to join the HIVE panel to debate Austerity in the Workplace at their 2017 Annual Soiree on Thursday 21 September 4.30pm to 7pm. HIVE is the Society for Workplace and Employment Mediation. It is likely to give rise to some lively discussion, so why not come along to join in? Antony …