Workplace conflict is inevitable and takes many forms, from subtle, passive-aggressive undermining through a whole spectrum of behaviours right up to blazing rows or even physical confrontation.
How well is conflict managed where you work? When you spot an issue do your managers:
- roll their sleeves up and tackle it head on; or
- fudge it in some way by making a ‘quick fix’ without really resolving the underlying problem; or
- avoid dealing with it, hoping the problem will resolve itself?
Whichever approach they take, the chances are that they still feel they could do better and should try to find more effective resolutions. When conflict is managed better it brings with it a whole host of benefits such as:
- Improved staff retention
- Fewer formal processes such as grievances and disciplinaries
- Improved engagement and productivity
At Mediation Rescue we specialise in managing workplace conflict, whether by mediating or facilitating the resolution of existing issues, providing conflict coaching or by training managers and staff to take a more positive and effective approach to dealing with issues as soon as they arise. This training can equip people to engage in the difficult conversations that so often fail to take place at the right time and then lead to conflict developing or getting worse.
If you think your business might benefit from learning how to manage conflict better, sign up for our Introduction to Managing Workplace Conflict workshop and start learning or brushing up on some core skills. These are skills that people find invaluable in every aspect of life and not just at work.
Our next lively and interactive introductory workshop will take place on 27 March 2019 in association with Activate at Reading College and will be run by some of our specialist mediators and will also include speakers from Activate, CIPD and the GMB Union. You can sign up online by scanning the QR code above or by following this link: Book Online
- Title: Introduction to Managing Workplace Conflict
- Date: 27 March 2019
- Time: 08.00 registration for 08.30 start and 10.00 finish
- Venue: Activate, Reading College, Kings Road Campus, RG1 4HJ (free onsite parking)
- Cost: £27.00 (inc. VAT) to include breakfast and refreshments £22.00 (inc VAT) for CIPD and TVCC Members